Aw, the last week of the read-along. The book is finished. 🙁 I seriously enjoy these read-alongs, and plan to participate in more in the future.
January 3rd – Chapters 1-4 (Jenny at Supernatural Snark)
January 10th – Chapters 5-8 (Tina at Tina’s Book Reviews)
January 17th – Chapters 9-12 (Rummanah at Books in the Spotlight)
January 24th – Chapters 13-15 + epilogue (Missie at The Unread Reader)
January 31st – Special guest post by Chloe Neill and our grand prize giveaway!
Everyone who signs up for the read-along and participates each week will be entered in our grand prize giveaway, with the winner announced on each of our blogs on the 31st.
Questions for Chapters 13-15 + epilogue
1. Chapter 13 opens with Merit describing her new job routine as House Sentinel. Considering that every job Cadogan House is important in helping to make the house run efficiently, which job do you think you’d like to have (guard, cook, social director, gardener, etc.) and why?
Easy. Master Vampire, of course. Then I’d mend the vamp-shifter rift, and Jeff could be my Consort. I’d immediately put Ethan on garbage and bathroom duty while wearing a sexy maid outfit. Why? Why not?
2. In the supernatural world of Chicagoland Vampires, politics seem to play an important role in the way the Houses are run. Now that you’ve been introduced to the Rogues, do you think it’s better for vampires to be a part of a House or to live outside of one.
I don’t know, it seems like the Rogues will still band together even though they’re technically not a House. I don’t see anything wrong with having the choice of being part of a House or wanting to be Rogue. They’ve obviously been able to stay under the radar for centuries, so what’s the big problem?
3. After Morgan openly asks to court Merit, she feels betrayed when Ethan commands her to accept for the show of alliance it could bring to Cadogan House. Do you think her reaction was warranted?
I think her reaction about being a pawn is warranted. Yes, Morgan really does like her, but Ethan “pimped her out,” so I be pissed. As for the personal betrayal… no. I’m just not getting a connection between Ethan and Merit. I mean, they’re rarely around each other, so … I don’t know, I’m just not feeling it.
4. When Ethan meets with the perpetrator of the murders, were you surprised to discover who it was? If you suspected someone, were your suspensions correct? What did you think of the perpetrator’s motive?
No, because I pretty much suspected everyone, so wasn’t too surprised. I did have a feeling that maybe Amber had a part in it, probably just because I didn’t like her. I was expecting more of a connection to Merit, though. Did they purposely go after girls like her? It kind of feels like we were purposely led to think it was about Merit, but apparently it wasn’t. I still want to know what Ethan was doing on campus when Merit was attacked.
5. What was your favorite/least favorite parts of Some Girls Bite?
I loved the showdown with Merit and Morgan. I also loved every scene Jeff was in.
Least… probably the ending. Guess I was expecting more.
6. What do you think is coming up next for Merit, Sentinel of Cadogan House? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?
Yup, I’ll keep reading the series. Hopefully there will be some ass kicking. And I hope Merit finds her Catcher… or at least gets laid.