Below is the schedule for the event so you can follow along. The second five discussion questions will be posted on Tina’s blog on the 3rd so you’ll have plenty of time to answer the questions before we all post again on the 10th.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR CHAPTERS 1-4
1. Let’s say tomorrow a “vampire manifesto” as Merit calls it runs in newspapers across the country announcing their existence. How do you think you would react? If you were hesitant to believe initially, what would it take to convince you they were real?
Of course I’d be skeptical, I’m skeptical about everything. At the same time I try not to be surprised about much anymore. Sad, I know. Let’s see, though, what would it take to convince me… if they sparkle in the sun, then I’d be a total
2. Since being turned into a vampire means complete removal from your former life and a new job serving your House in some capacity, what do you think you would miss most about the life you live now?
Hmm… well, I would have a hard time “serving” anyone, so definitely the freedom. I completely understand Merit’s hard-headedness about it, especially given the circumstances. Also, I’m such a sun worshiper, that I seriously would probably go crazy from not having it anymore. Just getting through the darker days of winter as a human is hard enough for me.
3. What are your first impressions of Merit and how she’s handling all the changes in her life?
I like her. I think she’s handling it pretty well, but I think it helps that she has the support of Mallory, and now her grandpa. I love that she wears jeans and a t-shirt, and that it annoys Ethan. I’m hoping Merit becomes a total badass.
4. When you first read the description of Ethan, what actor/model/person you know pops into your head as the perfect embodiment of him? Feel free to include pictures 😉
Well, it’s a little harder for me to fully picture male characters, than it is female characters for some reason. Honestly, I like keeping the face vague in my mind. I don’t know why. But, after Googling “hot male models” I decided I’m keeping him <—- as my Ethan. I don’t care what the description of him says in the book, I want this one! In fact, I’m going to picture every man like this from now on.
5. Do you think Merit’s anger at Ethan himself, not the situation, is justified?
I think it’s natural to need to blame something or someone after an incident like that. I mean, what a shocking violation. She had no control over the situation, so she’s using her anger at Ethan as a way to feel she has some control, even if it may not be directed at the right person, or vamp in this case. I think she’ll work through it.