My birthday is this week, so I decided to do the Bookish Birthday Party Tag! I got it from Kristen at Metaphors & Moonlight months ago and saved it for this wondrous occasion. 😀
This is how you play according to Kristen:
“For this tag, you just need to choose five different books. Then, for each question, you open the corresponding book to a random page and follow the instructions for the answer. At the end, tell us how well you think your party turned out!”
1. Open Book 1 – The first character name on the page is the one who plans the surprise party.
First Grave – chapter 3 – Garrett
I’m not sure how well that would go. It would probably just end up being beer and pizza. Still a good party, but not much planning involved.
2. Open Book 2 – The first character name on the page is the one who ruins the surprise early (either by accidentally mentioning it or by telling you on purpose because they can’t keep a secret).
Black Iris – 27% – Blythe.
She would do it on purpose and have a shady ulterior motive for doing so.
3. Open Book 3 – Wherever the current scene takes place will be the location of the party (as specific as possible, e.g. a person’s house, a grocery store, the middle of a forest, etc.).
Corrupt – chapter 4 – Technically it’s in the elevator, but no thanks. So it’s getting moved to Michael’s penthouse, where the elevator was going.
Woohoo! Penthouse party! Also, there’s a naked woman waiting in the living room, so …. she could be a party decoration. 😀
4. Open Book 4 – The first character name on the page is the one who bakes the cake.
Hounded – chapter 2 – the Morrigan “Celtic Chooser of the Slain and goddess of war”.
Well, we’ll either survive or we won’t. Who knows what would be in it.
5. Open Book 5 – The first character name on the page is the one who sticks their finger in the icing when no one is looking.
Red Rising – chapter 20 – Cassius.
Of course he would, and he’d think he’d have every right to. Then the Morrigan can deal with him.
6. Open Book 1 – The first character name on the page is the one who buys trick candles (those kinds that never go out).
First Grave – chapter 11 – Cookie.
I feel like she’d accidentally buy them because she’d be on the phone trying to deal with 100 things while shopping. No one would realize it, then it would turn into an ordeal when the candles wouldn’t blow out.
7. Open Book 2 – The first noun on the page that is a tangible object is the first gift you open.
Black Iris – 64% – Drugs “X. Oxy Morphine. Heroine. Coke. Meth.”
8. Open Book 3 – The first character name on the page is the one who puts on the dorky party hat.
Corrupt – chapter 12 – Kai.
Hopefully that’s all he’d be wearing. Happy Birthday to me!
9. Open Book 4 – The first noun or adjective (whatever works) on the page is what the party theme will be.
Hounded – chapter 6 – Phoenix Zoo.
A zoo theme, eh? There could be furries! 😀
10. Open Book 5 – The first noun on the page that is a tangible object is what the pinata will be filled with.
Red Rising – chapter 23 – Wine.
It technically says “a fly in wine”, but meh. Let there be wine!
How Did the Party Turn Out?
Sounds fun to me!