During the month of April, a bunch of us will be reading Masquerade by Cambria Hebert. There will be about five questions each week to correlate with the chapters we read. Everyone is welcome to join in at any time.
You can find all the info, including prizes HERE.
1. If you were disfigured like Heven (by some sort of accident) do you think you would have reacted the same way as her? (loss of self confidence, hiding yourself, etc)
Hm… that’s hard to say. I wear my scars proudly, and I have a pretty gnarly one on my side. But, the face is a different story. I would like to say that I wouldn’t, but realistically, there would probably some loss of self-confidence for a little awhile. I just couldn’t stay in a state like that for long though. I can absolutely empathize with Heven, but I can’t see myself doing the same.
2. Do you think that Kimber’s plan for revenge against Cole (for kissing another girl) is a good idea?
No! I understand why people feel like they have to do that, but playing games like that is just… wrong. It reminds me of the song I Know Your Gonna Be There by Luke Bryan, which annoys me.
3. In the beginning chapters, Heven is very drawn to Sam but won’t admit it due to her own insecurities. Kimber begins to “date” Sam… do you think that Heven should have spoken up? Do think Kimber should have seen Heven’s real feelings?
Well, it would have been kind of weird for Heven to call dibs when she wouldn’t have “gone after” him to begin with. And I think it would’ve been hard for Kimber to see it, especially since Heven didn’t say anything. However, Heven could have said something about him being cute at least 🙂
4. Masquerade is broken in four separate POV’s: Heven, Sam, The Hate and The Hope. Do you think having multiple POV’s adds depth to the story? Why or why not?
I haven’t read Sam’s POV yet, but I do prefer multiple POVs in general. They hold my attention more for some reason.
5. A great source of strength for Heven is her grandmother. Who do you think yours is/would be?
I was very close with my grandma as well, so I identify with their relationship. And, I completely identify with Heven’s relationship with Jasper too. Nothing better than a girl and her horse.
Btw – since reading these chapters, I’ve been craving bubble tea like crazy! I want to drive to San Jose just to get some. That’s a 3-4 hour drive!