This is the last week of the read-along. It’s over. Done. But oh, was it ever good! Hounded even made my favorites list.
Questions for Chapters 21-25 + epilogue
1. In a moment of anger, Atticus reveals something about himself that he usually keeps very secret, for his own benefit. Has something similar ever happened to you? Have you ever spilled a closely guarded secret in a moment of excitement or anger or absent-mindedness?
Unfortunately, yes. I’m actually excellent at keeping secrets, partly because I’m pretty private myself. And that’s probably why the incident that happened about 15 years ago still bothers me. I told a friend’s secret out of anger, and I still feel guilty about it. We made up, but I feel like I disappointed myself by doing something that I detest (tell someone’s secret).
2. Atticus tells Mrs. MacDonagh, “the universe is exactly the size that your soul can encompass. Some people live in extremely small worlds, and some live in a world of infinite possibility.” Then he asks her what she is going to do with the new information she has discovered. What would you do if you found out that other beings were among us? Would you deny it or embrace it?
Here’s the thing… I don’t deny anything; there are endless possibilities. However, I need some type of proof to fully embrace something like that… you know, like a werewolf on my front lawn. Then yes, I’d embrace it.
3. So far, Atticus has revealed a few of his powers and has even shared some power by putting bindings on Granuaile. What do you think has been his coolest or most helpful power so far?
Heal himself. He’d be dead by now if he didn’t have those healing powers. And I hope he gets his ear fixed!
4. Atticus gets pretty pissed when he finds out that Aenghus Óg is drawing power from the Earth and, in turn, killing it. That’s when Atticus decides he must fight the old Fae for committing such a heinous offense. What is something you would fight for, even if it meant you might die trying?
There are a lot of things I fight for, but the one thing I can say without a doubt is – I’d fight to the death for my son. When I was younger and didn’t have a child, I was more willing to physically throw down over different stuff. Now I use my wits more.
5. What did you think of the final showdown between Atticus and Aenghus Óg? Did it go down the way you expected? Was there anything about their battle that surprised you?
Man, everyone played Atticus – using him to ultimately get what they wanted. Most of them played him to win though, so I thought that was great. Aenghus Og is… was a chump. haha
6. What was your favorite/least favorite part of Hounded? Who was your favorite/least favorite character?
I loved this whole book! Seriously, it’s was exactly the kind of thing I love. There were a lot of great characters, but of course Atticus is #1. I don’t care what anyone thinks, but I love the Morrgian too. What can I say, I like scary powerful women. lol. And I’m glad Oberon got his French poodles, even if it was only 5.
7. What do you think is coming up next for Atticus? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?
I’m sure Atticus won’t be left alone, and I will absolutely continue this series!