The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
Noooooo! August is gone. *sobs uncontrollably* I’m never ready for fall and winter. At least it usually stays pretty warm here into October. Not as warm as I like, but warm enough. I hate cold weather. And by cold, I mean anything under 70 degrees.
What happened on the blog?
– Posted an excerpt from SEAWEED by Elle Strauss. There’s also a giveaway for a prize pack, so check it out!
– Posted a cover reveal of VENGEANCE BOUND by Justina Ireland. Do you like it?
– I waited on INTO THE WOODS by Kim Harrison. I need it now!
– Posted a Q&A with author Darynda Jones. Read her book FIRST GRAVE ON THE RIGHT for a read-along & it was great!
– Reviewed THE DEAD GIRLS DETECTIVE AGENCY by Suzy Cox. Blah.
– The 2nd annual Back to the Books Giveaway Hop is in full swing. Two books of your choice is up for grabs.
Books I got this week
Click on the covers to go to Goodreads.
What’s coming up?
The CORNERSTONE read-along! Seriously you guys, join!
It starts this week, with the 1st post going up on Wednesday, but really, you can post at your convenience. Click on the image below to get the complete rundown.
Did I mention the book is currently only $0.99? Not sure for how long, though.
Nalena Maxwell has been branded ‘The Waste’ at her new school, due to her mom’s obsessive paper hoarding. Nalena desperately wants something to change in her life, but when she receives a sign (and it’s the wrong dang one) inviting her into a mysterious, ancient community, too much changes. What she knew of her family, what she thought of her life and what she believed about her future, is no longer applicable. Seventeen years worth of family skeletons come crashing into Nalena’s life and it is the boy…the one that smiles at her like he wants to hear everything she’ll ever say…that already knows her powerful secrets. But it is only Nalena that can choose between protecting the life that is already crumbling beneath her feet and the one that might sacrifice everything she could ever have.
The books are getting new covers. Maybe. Which do you like better? The old are in the middle.
What else? What have all of you been up to?