It’s almost time! The First Grave on the Right read-along is in August, and sign-ups start…. NOW! This is the first book in the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones. Whether you’ve already read it or not, it’ll still be a lot of fun! Every week each host blog will ask questions, and then we’ll post our answers on Thursdays. There will be a giveaway at the end of the read-along, and Darynda Jones will be here to answer questions.
1st Wk – 8/2 Love of Books ~ Ch 1-5
2nd Wk – 8/9 Babbling About Books and Stuff ~ Ch 6-10
3rd Wk – 8/16 In the Closet With a Bibliophile ~ Ch 11- 15
4th Wk – 8/23 Rainy Day Ramblings ~ Ch 16-21
5th Wk – 8/30 Darynda Jones guest post & winners announcement
Charley sees dead people. That’s right, she sees dead people. And it’s her job to convince them to “go into the light.” But when these very dead people have died under less than ideal circumstances (i.e. murder), sometimes they want Charley to bring the bad guys to justice. Complicating matters are the intensely hot dreams she’s been having about an Entity who has been following her all her life…and it turns out he might not be dead after all. In fact, he might be something else entirely.
Prizes: Read-along participants will have the chance to win one of Darynda Jone’s other books. Including:
Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet will be published October 30th.
You can head over and join Darynda’s Street Team to help promote & spread the word.
Week 1 Questions – Post your answers on Thursday August 2nd. There will be a linky posted that day for you to link your 1st week Q&A. And that is when you will get the 2nd week questions.
1. Ch 1 – We meet some of Charley’s ghostly “buddies,” do you believe you have ever had a ghostly encounter?
2. Ch 2 – Charley named her jeep Misery. Have you ever named your vehicles? What did you name them?
3. Ch 3 – Charley says her name “…brooks no opposition. It takes shit from no one.” What do you think your name says about you to strangers? Is there a different name that you think would suit you better?
4. Ch 4 – Charley says her best friend Cookie is “like Kramer from Seinfeld, only not so nervous, like Kramer might have been on Prozac.” Give us your best description of your best friend. How would they would describe you?
5. Ch 5 – Garrett is reluctant to believe in Charley’s abilities, how would you react if a friend divulged to you that they can see and speak with the dead?
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. You can ask on here or e-mail any of the hosts. Hope you all join, this book is GREAT!
Read A-long Sign-up: