Oh man, this book is good! Only one more week left of the read-along.
Questions for Chapters 16-20
1. Just after Atticus is shot, Oberon has to “ninja” his way out of the shop and into Hal’s Beamer (with the icky air freshener). Have you ever been in a situation where you had to “ninja” your way out and try not to be discovered? If so, what happened?
Ha.. hahaha.. I was on ninja mode practically my entire teenage years. So many memories are popping into my mind… I’m having ninja flashbacks! There was a lot of being ninja from the cops while partying and 4xing down on the river. I can’t recall ever being discovered – My bff and I thought we were Bo and Luke (as in Dukes of Hazard). Seriously, we were ridiculous.
Btw, I love how Perry thought the “bird” did all of that destruction to the shop.
2. Atticus’s main goal through a large portion of the book is not only protecting Oberon, but also protecting the sword. You are now living in a paranormal world and you need a weapon! What weapon do you choose and what can it do?
I choose… a mean-ass dagger. I don’t know what it would do. Boring, I know, but I’m too exhausted to think.
3. To recharge and heal after being shot, Atticus sleeps naked, tattoos to the earth, in a patch of grass near the Civic Center in downtown Scottsdale. Where is the weirdest place you have ever slept?
*sigh* if only the men who exposed themselves in the parks around here were as hot as Atticus…
Oh let’s see… probably in a truck in a corn field 🙂
4. We finally find out some very interesting information about Granuaile and I don’t know about you, but I certainly wasn’t expecting to find that she’s sharing her head with someone else. What about you, did you expect anything along those lines? If not, what were you expecting concerning Granuaile?
Well, I was expecting something, but not that she was a vessel for a super powerful witch. I really wasn’t sure, but I like her.
5. Laksha is a witch, a truly evil one at that for many of the things she’s done in the past. However, she’s supposedly seen the error of her ways. Do you think she really has? Would you be willing to trust her? Do you think Atticus is smart to have decided to trust her to help him with the “other” witches?
But wait, why did Radomilia want the necklace in the first place and free Laksha? Was I too tired while reading that, or was that not answered? Damn, I may have to go reread that chapter. Again, I don’t trust anyone in a book until the last page. She probably has seen the error of her ways, but I don’t know about trust. Well, I guess he really doesn’t fully trust her if he’s telling her to stay on the other side of the Mississippi River. But he may need to take that chance while dealing with the other witches.
And Emily is such a snotty little b*tch. It’s kind of funny though, especially because I sure Atticus will make her pay.