Guest Post, Excerpt, & Giveaway: Contaminated by Em Garneron July 16th, 2013
Hi everyone! It’s day five of the Apocalypse event and I have another awesome post and giveaway for you. Em Garner is here with a guest post and excerpt from her new book Contaminated.
Author: Em Garner
Publish Date: July 23, 2013
After the Contamination—an epidemic caused by the super-trendy diet drink SlimPro that turned ordinary citizens into violent, uncontrollable creatures—the government rounded up the “Connies” to protect the remaining population. Now, two years later, the rehabilitated are being allowed home, complete with shock collars that will either control, or kill, them.
Velvet Ellis has struggled to care for her ten-year-old sister since her parents were taken in the round up. When she finds her mother in one of the “Kennels,” Velvet resolves to do whatever it takes to put her family back together. But the danger isn’t over. It’s beginning all over again…
Top Five Ways to Survive the Contamination, According to Velvet Ellis
1. Stay Calm – When your next door neighbor shows up on your deck in nothing but his bathing suit and starts slamming himself into your glass doors to get inside, don’t panic. Think about your escape plan, your exit. If you fall to pieces, you’ll never get away.
2. Be Fast – Connies don’t care about pain and they’re not afraid of anything, so the faster you get away, the better off you are. But they’re also easily distracted, so you only have to run fast enough to get away from their attention.
3. Stock up – you never know what the government’s going to do next, so when you have the chance to stock up on stuff you really need, like toilet paper, do it! They’ll tell you it’s coming in the next shipment, but you can’t trust them! So stock up!
4. Avoid the laundry room – Or any place where Connies might be lingering. That’s just common sense.
5. Finally, don’t drink the water!
That’s … disturbing. Just the way I like it!
Thanks for sharing with us, Em!
Em Garner writes books.
She likes rainbows and unicorns and glitter and zombies, and she hates the feeling of corduroy, the grit of sand in her teeth (who doesn’t?) and the way banana candy tastes.
She lives by the ocean with her family, and she always goes in the water even though she’s afraid of sharks.
The lovely Em is offering one signed copy of Contaminated!
Open U.S. only
Enter using the rafflecopter below
You can enter all of the giveaways on the Blog Hop by clicking the image.
–The following is separate from the blog hop above.–
If you have a post for Wednesday that spotlights an apocalyptic/end of the world/ dystopian book (i.e. review, author interview or guest post, etc.) and giveaway, then link up below.