Aw, it’s the final week of the read-along It’s been fun though. Next week we’ll have a guest post with author Darynda Jones and announce the winners of the giveaway!
1st Wk – 8/2 Love of Books ~ Ch 1-5
2nd Wk – 8/9 Babbling About Books and Stuff ~ Ch 6-10
3rd Wk – 8/16 In the Closet With a Bibliophile ~ Ch 11- 15
4th Wk – 8/23 Rainy Day Ramblings ~ Ch 16-21
5th Wk – 8/30 Darynda Jones Q&A + winners announcement
1. One of my favorite aspects of this book are the witty snippets at the beginning of every chapter. I especially like the t shirt quotes. What is the funniest t shirt or bumper sticker you have encountered? If you had a t shirt that best described you what would it say?
My favorite from the book is:
“Never knock on death’s door. Ring the doorbell then run. He totally hates that.” Because I’ve done it 3 times already! lol
I’m so terrible at remembering stuff like sayings from bumper stickers and t-shirts. But I have one that says “Talk Nerdy to Me” <3
2. Charley is constantly helping ghosts throughout the book. Would you like to be able to talk to ghosts and bring closure to their loved ones? How would you feel about all the ghosts popping up at all times day or night? Would you like to have a ghost like Mr. Wong in your house?
Well, I don’t even like most living people, so I wouldn’t want to deal with dead ones too. Unless they’re like Mr. Wong, love him. I’d be totally cool with Mr. Wong chillin’ in my corner.
3. Kim reveals some rather shocking and sad details about Reyes’ past. Do you agree with her decision to adhere to her promise and not intervene? Would you be willing to keep your word and let a loved one die if it was their wish?
Dude, I’d kill Earl. What’s that Dixie Chicks song? Earl Must Die or something like that? I’m too lazy to open another browser tab and look it up. But yeah, I’d keep my word. It would be hard as hell, but it would be their choice.
4. In Chapter 19 Charley confronts the bad guy and finds herself in yet another situation where she gets her ass kicked. Do you like the fact that Charley consistently ends up getting her butt handed to her? What are your overall thoughts on Charley?
She needs some martial arts classes or something, but I think she has to get her ass handed to her repeatedly in the book in order to show her ability heal. Her attitude rocks though!
5. Chapter 20 is a big, hot, smoking chapter. We finally get some answers on Reyes. Does the revelation change your opinion of him? Do you think he can overcome his “nature” and be a good person or is Charley in big trouble?
She’s probably in for big trouble whether Reyes means for it or not. I wasn’t expecting him to be that, but I’m cool with it. 😀
6. Did you enjoy this book? Will you be continuing the series?
Hell yeah, I’m going to continue. I loved this book.