1. After reading through Amaliya’s ‘awakening’… So realistic and freaking horrifying right? *shudders* What are your reactions to such a vivid scene?
I loved it! It was really intense, because it was like the reader woke-up with Amalyia, not knowing what was going on. The experience of discovering who and what she is with her, was great! The vividness, and the grittiness all in that first chapter, totally hooked me.
2. I know it’s EARLY on, and we’ve only gotten a glimpse of him, but… In YOUR opinion, the man who made Amaliya into a vampire… friend or foe?
A-hole. I didn’t get any good feelings from him whatsoever. And the fact that Amalyia doesn’t have any doubts about him being a jackhole, made me feel for sure that he was definitely foe. And of course, he just had to be the psychology professor :-
3. Amaliya’s family are some PIECES of work aren’t they??? While I HOPE no one has a family as freaking crazy nuts as hers… We all have a few nutjobs in our family tree right? Tell me about a crazy member of YOUR family… Or a time when you thought, “Please, NO… I am SO not with them!”
Ohhh… haha.. well, yes. There is an entire branch of nuts on my tree. Let’s just say that Amalyia’s looks stable compared to them. I don’t really have contact with them, except a couple of the more uncrazy ones. Man, could I tell you some stories. Maybe Rhiannon can use them in her books. lol. I have to laugh a little when I see people say that Amalyia’s family makes them uncomfortable or they don’t think people are really like that, because believe me, I know better.
4. Pete… Awww, Pete… He confesses his unending love for her, then everything goes to hell in a hand-basket! Who is/was YOUR Pete? Did you have a guy who was hopelessly in love with you for years that you never even knew about?
Poor Pete. I felt so bad for him. I felt bad for Amalyia too. I’ve had a couple Pete’s, but I knew about it – that’s what made me run. I was young and wanted my bad boy. My Rob Zombie, if you will 🙂
5. Have you started connecting with Amaliya? What specific instance stands out the most for you? (hopefully you are LOVING her hardcore by Chapter 6!)
For sure. I really started loving her when her appearance and style was described. The piercings, tattoos, clothes…. she’s like the inner me.. lol