It’s the second week of the Fangtastic Friday Read-along! I seriously love Pretty When She Dies. This week is chapters 7 – 12, hosted by On a Book Bender. So here are the questions with my answers..
1. The end of chapter 6 gives us a sense that something bad is going to happen between Rob, the truck driver, and Amaliya. What are your thoughts on what actually happened between Rob and Amaliya in Chapter 7? Do you think it could have been avoided? Why or why not?
Uh, not to be stereotypical or anything, but as soon as the truck stop was mentioned, I knew something like that was going to happen. Yeah, my assumption about that all stems back to the crazy family question last week. o.O You have no idea. lol. But could it have been avoided it? Of course. She could have just stolen a car 😀
2. Chapter 8 introduces us to some new characters, Cian and Roberto. Ashley asked us earlier whether we thought the man who created Amaliya was friend or foe. After listening to Cian and Roberto talk, has your opinion about the professor changed? How? Do you think Cian and Roberto would be Amaliya’s allies or enemies?
Nope, my opinion is the same. The professor definitely has a reputation, and it just confirms that he’s a creepzilla. Well, if they’re not allies of the professor, then I’d say they are more allies of Amaliya no matter what.
3. There seems to be a growing divide between Amaliya’s humanity and her actions as a vampire. Do you think this would be “normal” for a new vampire, or do you think it is not a “clean transformation” as Cian stated in Chapter 8?
Hmm… well… I don’t know. I guess it would be normal since she was turned without knowing it, dumped in a grave, and left to figure things out for herself. It’s not like she was giving instructions and had guidance. Cian just sees it as a new crazy vamp going on a killing spree.
4. Amaliya seems to be running primarily on vampire instinct. After reading chapter 10, specifically the beginning, do you think vampires can overcome their instincts and be good — or at least, not deadly?
Sure, they can be “not deadly.” I would want to be deadly towards Samantha at this point, though. Blah. But, I think it’s just more of controlling the instincts. I mean, I think the instinct of hunting and killing is always there, but they just learned to control or modify their behavior. Like Dexter. lol
5. In Chapter 11, we finally learn more about the Summoner and Cian. How do you think this information will impact the rest of the story? What do you think will happen?
The odds are more in Amaliya’s favor knowing someone else hates professor creepzilla too. And I’m smelling a hook-up coming…
6. The Summoner thinks that Amaliya has had good luck thus far. Amaliya thinks she has had lousy luck. With whom do you agree?
Oh, this was one of my favorite things in the book. I think it’s just a matter of perspective. There’s always a positive side to the negative.
On a side note, I liked Roberto when he was being rude to Sam, but it pissed me off when he was rude to my Amaliya. She’s right, he is a little b*tch.