September 5th- Candace’s Book Blog
Chapters 1-5, pages 1-44
September 12th- Buried in Books
Chapters 6-10, pages 45-111
- September 19th- Rainy Day Ramblings
Chapters 11-16, pages 112-194
- September 26th- The Flyleaf Review
Chapters 17-21, pages 195-219
1. Were you surprised about the revelations of the unique society that Nali now finds herself a part of? Which of the four signs do you identify the most with: Alo, Contego, Addo or Veritas?
Probably Addo if they’re all like Larry. Not really I like the sound of Veritas too, because of the balance or whatever, but nah. And Alo… no way. I’m definitely Contego.
2. The Reese boys have a unique way of answering their phone. Tell me the funniest or most interesting way you have answered your phone or someone else’s.
I’m going to go with the milder ones for the sake of not offending people too much. For awhile my brother had dumb girls calling here for him. So I would answer it as sex shops, “massage” parlors, the police department, etc. Then my son would answer and talk to them in Japanese, Russian, or German. Or I would just repeat everything they said.
3. Do you think Nalena is going to be able to stick with her initial choice of living a Simple Life or do you feel Garrett or the Addo will persuade her to change her mind?
No, I don’t think there will be anything simple about her life. I don’t think they’ll exactly persuade her, but maybe inform her a little more. Hopefully she’ll kick Roger’s ass, or at least break his arm.
4. The Addo does not fit the wise man mold with his sweats and cookie crumbs. What was your first impression of him? Would you go to him for advice?
He reminded me of the mad hatter mixed with Rafiki from Lion King. I even read some of his conversation with Rafiki’s voice. Sure, I’d go to him, especially if he always had cookies.
5. What do you think of Nalena’s mom’s reaction to the revelation that other Addo are dying? Do you think she is in denial?
It sounds that way. She’s probably looking for any excuses to keep Nalena safe, even though it sounds like it might be safer for her to become Contego and learn to fight.
6. What do you think of Nalena’s new guardian angel, Grace? Do you believe in guardian angels? Have you ever had an experience where you felt like someone was looking out for you?
Grace sounds cute, but I’m betting there’s more to her than just a sweet little girl. Hmm… I don’t usually like talking about this stuff, but I’ve experienced something that was… odd. When I was about 11ish, I was at the beach with my friend, my mom, and my brother. My friend and I got some wetsuits and went out into the ocean. The beach was pretty dead. I must’ve went too far out and felt like I was being pulled under. Then a man on a surf board grabbed my hand and pulled me a little to where I felt like I could swim again. When I got to where I could stand and look back out at the ocean, there was no one… no surfers, no other swimmers except my friend who was a little farther down using my boogie board (she broke hers :-/). No one. It was weird. I never forgot about that. Then again, I might’ve just swallowed too much salt water and hallucinated the whole thing.